Rotunda Project
The rotunda project that spoke to me most was the poster on gay marriage. This has a large affect on Americans in todays society and I strongly believe in equality. I think that as Americans, we should be setting an example for the rest of the world, showing love does not fit a description. There shouldn't be laws against marriage because technically, marriage is not just a religious ceremony. It is also the joining of two people by law, linking themselves in the American society. In my life time, I have seen and heard of men and women losing everything when their long term partners have died because everything was in the other persons name and there was no legal marriage linking their belongings to one another. This is devastating and could easily be fixed if love didn't have to be such a square topic. We do not chose who we love and people shouldn't be hated for loving one another. If people are so uncomfortable with love, why are they okay with hatred and war? Statistically, each generation has gotten better with the topic of equality for those who are homosexual and same sex marriage, and I believe it should continue in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.