tenebrism

tenebrism
Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Monday, April 13, 2015

Rotunda Project

I personally enjoyed the project on poverty. You could tell that a lot of work was put into that project and it was very well done. (P.s. The shape of Long Island was spot on, props to whoever did that.) I would say that this project was a bit enlightening. I had no idea that there was that much poverty on Long Island. I really wasn't expecting to see any poverty in the Hamptons, yet there was quite a bit. After learning of all this poverty, especially in out area, I feel like there is so much more that could be done, yet isn't. Our school does do a great job during Christmas of helping those less fortunate. But is christmas the only time people need things? Of course not! Why can't we do things like that all year round? I don't see why not? It's not like it would be a burden on anyone. Even if everyone in our school donated one thing, we would be helping so many people in need. We throw out food and clothes all the time without even thinking about it. If we had places to donate in our school all the time, so much less would go to waste, and go to those who really need it. If we all pitch in just a little bit, I think that we as a community, could make a huge difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.