tenebrism

tenebrism
Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Thursday, September 18, 2014

ISIS hostage forced to make propaganda video

 "You're thinking, 'He's only doing this because he's a prisoner. He's got a gun at his head, and he's being forced to do this.' Right? Well, it's true. I am a prisoner. That I cannot deny, but seeing as I've been abandoned by my government and my fate now lies in the hands of the Islamic State, I have nothing to lose." This is what British journalist John Cantlie who has not been seen in over two years delivers in ISIS propaganda video released today however he makes clear in the video he is speaking under duress.In recent weeks, ISIS has drawn growing attention for spreading brutal propaganda across social media, these messages serving purposes to terrify and recruit Westerners.The group appears to have a well-funded, well-organized social media and video production effort. The federal law enforcement has told CNN that a former Boston resident may have joined to aid ISIS in their online efforts. This proving that ISIS propaganda is becoming successful and they are winning people over with their efforts, however British and American government have yet to find any real solution other than causing more destruction .

 http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/18/world/meast/isis-british-journalist-hostage/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.