tenebrism

tenebrism
Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Blog post #10

Are soul mates real? Recently in class we have been talking about love and what love means. Well also in my English class we have been talking about inexplicable things and we each had to write an essay trying to prove something that is inexplicable to be explicable. I decided to write about soul mates because it is something I truly believe in. I always believed that soul mates were predetermined by some force before or as we were born, I figured only a few lucky people on the earth would meet their actual soul mates in their lifetime and even fewer would be lucky enough to marry them. The definition of a soul mate is "A very deep soul attraction, an instant "Knowing" of your fate, an uplifting of spirit and a surge of energy from within."  I learned after research that you can actually become someone's soul mate when meeting them, it is completely possible to grow with someone and become their soul mate. So if someone isn't pre determined to be your soul mate, doesn't that defeat the purpose of a SOUL mate? When you become someone's soul mate it takes away the whole soul part. I believe that a soul mate is destiny and that "becoming someone's soul mate" is actually just falling in love and someone can be a true love but a soul mate isn't in my mind the same thing. I also learned that soul mates can be a best friend or a family member, it doesn't have to be someone you fall in love with which makes complete sense but I never really thought of a soul mate in that context. "Dennis Milner and Edward Smart co-authored a book titled, The loom of creation: A study of the purpose and the forces that weave the pattern of existence, which contains many photographs of energy patterns that exist everywhere in the universe, even in a vacuum." According to scienceofsoulmates.com. I still believe in soul mates but I don't really believe in the whole "becoming" a soul mate because I think of that as just true love. I believe someone can be your true love but not your soul mate, they are two different things but then again all of this is inexplicable and it all really just depends on what an individual believes personally.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.