tenebrism
Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
Sunday, March 29, 2015
Censorship
I have had endless experiences with unreasonable censorship in ESM. Specifically on the computers. When doing research project in the school computer lab it is almost impossible to find a quality news piece without "content blocked" popping up. I can understand why the school blocks certain sites but I don't understand why it is necessary to block news sites. It makes it very difficult and frustrating for students trying to do homework in the computer labs. In essence it is hindering students more then it is "protecting" them. Maybe if there was a different approach to blocking harmful content instead of blocking almost everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I completely agree with you. It's so hard to even look up my grades on parent portal while in school because of how the school blocks the internet. At this point it's more of an inconvenience to our education that it is " protecting us from harmful sites". I definitely think they should go about a different way in dealing with what they're blocking us from .
ReplyDelete