This particular project and topic interested me the most because I believe censorship effects a lot of people, especially adolescents and in our learning environments. I agree with the facts about the utilization of censorship and how it prevents an inherent problem. And I also agree with facts about censorship being in our schools and that schools have an obligation to set the tone for what is allowed and not allowed among students. This project expressed both sides of the argument well, and the benefits presented allowed me to see why censorship is a good thing. But, I have to say I mostly agree with the drawbacks and negative outcome censorship can bring.
Like this project explained, once something is altered, blurred out, or distorted, the artist or writer's work and message is suddenly blacked out. Censorship hinders students and people in general from being exposed to multiple different and creative works that can benefit them in school and in life. It can also lead to lawsuits and controversy because censorship changes a person's intentions and then it doesn't even look or sound like their own art anymore. And I believe that is wrong and unfair. Yes, multiple works of art and literature can use profanity or inappropriate objects or ideas to express ideas and opinions, but that is how people work. Everyone is different and express their opinions and ideas in different ways. Censorship is a violation of the first amendment, people should be allowed to have the right and freedom to say and create what they want if that means getting their point across. Being exposed to different aspects allows young adults to explore and gain more knowledge and also spark some of their own ideas as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.