I agree with this quote wholeheartedly. If you can't change something, why not change your outlook and make the best out of your situation? For a simple example, take high school. Most of us do not want to attend high school everyday. But, we need to in order to get the education we want and need. To make the best of it, we fill it with good. We make friends, and take the classes that we enjoy. And, in the end it's not so bad.
As I was thinking about the last example I thought to apply this quote to my life personally. Last year, as not many know, my mother passed away. It's an unendingly painful situation. And of course I can't change this, but I can make the best of it. I haven't and refuse to let it take over my life. Instead I continue to maintain and strive for better grades in school; I maintain relationships with my friends and ultimately strive to be the happiest that I can possibly be. Instead of dwelling on the fact that I can never change my situation, I focus on being the best me that I can possibly be. I like to keep a clean perspective and look differently at my reality. Life may have changed for me, but I can channel my emotions into bettering myself. It's all about perspective and ambition.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.