In class we've been talking about what love means, love has endless meanings and can not be defined to one specific definition. Dictionary.com defines love as a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person. I do agree with that, but love can mean much more.. sometimes it can't even be put into words. It can be an action, a silence, or even just the presence of someone or something. I love this imagine above, I've seen it a million times on tumblr and other social media sites. An adult asked a few different kids "what is love?" and these are their responses. They're honest, true, and express love yet they're all different. That is was makes love unique, it can be something so simple. My favorite response is the one from Rebecca, age 8, she says "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore. So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too. That's love." This is just such a heartwarming action I couldn't imagine anyone who wouldn't want to feel this. It's really cool how each person has a different way to express their love for another. Another response I love is from Elaine, age 5, "Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." Both the quotes are such simple actions expressing such a huge thing, love. It's amazing how these young children define and understand love.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.