http://www.cnn.com/2014/11/29/us/ferguson-protests/
On November 29th, Officer Darren Wilson resigned from his position on the Ferguson Police Force. His main reason for resigning was he did not want to put the people of Ferguson and other police officers in the area at risk, which he was told that if he stayed, he would do. In his statement he did not reveal what his future plans are, employment wise, now that he has made his resignation public.
At first, I believed that Officer Wilson was at fault for the situation and death that had occurred. But I then I realized I wasn't fully informed on the details and key points. After rereading and doing more research and discussing with others, I now believe that Officer Wilson did the right thing. Sure, it could of gone better, but he did what he was trained to do. And he also had the instinct to protect himself which every human being has. While it seems that his resignation might be the best thing for him to do because it will deflate the controversy about the issue but I don't think people see how it might not be that fair to him. He is now out of a job and therefore cannot support his family. Wilson defended himself and tried his best to solve the problem that was in front of him and now it seems he is being punished in a way.
This issue in particular really is circulated by opinion. I don't believe anyone will truly come to a full agreement on what happen that night and that's why there is so much chaos occurring. But as Americans we need to be able to see both sides of the situation. At first, I didn't. I only saw that an unarmed teenager was shot multiple times. But now I see a police officer that did what he had to do to protect himself and stop more danger from happening. But we must do what is necessary sometimes, for the sake of peace in our country.
Yes, as the facts of this case unfolded it became more difficult to judge. In the end, it's a tragedy all around.
ReplyDelete