tenebrism

tenebrism
Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Poverty

http://www.feedingamerica.org/hunger-in-america/impact-of-hunger/hunger-and-poverty/hunger-and-poverty-fact-sheet.html

In 2013, 14.7 million people under the age of 18 were in poverty. In 2013, 45.3 million people (14.5 percent) were in poverty.In 2013, 26.4 million (13.6 percent) of people ages 18-64 were in poverty.
Food insecurity exists in every county in America, ranging from a low of 4 percent in Slope County, ND to a high of 33 percent in Humphreys County, MS.  In 2013, Nevada had the highest unemployment rate. I believe that there is poverty in places we never realized, especially in America even though we are thought to be a rich country. It might be a slow process but I think that if we help each other more, we can raise people out of poverty.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, and I hope your generation is the one to make this happen!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.